Alex

Alex
Alex in the afterlife

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Alex meets the others

Alex woke up some time later.  He had no idea how much time had passed, and he didn't care.  There was another cat standing over him, which startled him briefly, until he saw who it was.  "Pearl, it's good to see you again," he said.  "It's been so long since I've even thought of you, and here you are.  Are you here to see Margo and Emily, or me?." 

"Margo and Emily have been praying and asked me to take care of you.  It was unnecessary, of course, because I would have come for you anyway, so here I am."  Pearl was a sleek silver gray cat with pale green eyes and four white paws.  They had lived together with Emily until five years earlier when Pearl had died of a fast growing cancer.  The last time Alex had seen Pearl she was frail, old and scruffy looking, but now she looked beautiful and and as strong and healthy as Alex felt himself.

"Alex, Margo and Emily are at work right now, and I think it's best if you come with me to the other place.  If you want, you can come back later to visit them and I'll show you how to find your way if you need help." 

"That's fine with me.  Pearl, I could use some help finding my way.  What do I do now?"

"Just follow me," said Pearl.  Alex felt a sensation of moving fast toward a bright light that enveloped him in feelings of wellbeing, and within moments he was back in the golden light garden. 

"Alex, what would you like to do next?  I'm sure this place seems familiar to you, you've been here many times during dreamtime.  You can continue to hang out here on your own, or I can show you some other possibilities."

"What other possibilities?" asked Alex.  He was thinking that Pearl might mean he could go and visit some of the other cats that they had known from Emily's household who had passed over, and Alex wasn't too keen on the prospect, since he didn't like them all that much. 

"That's not something you need to worry about, Alex, I'll show you how to attract experiences that you choose for yourself.  Yes, I can see all of your thoughts, not just the ones you want me to see.  That's something you'll get used to.  Here in this world you draw to yourself what you think about, so if you don't want to see Trixie or Isabel don't think about them.  If you do think about them you can be sure they'll appear, since you will be drawing them to you energetically."

Just as Pearl said that, Alex was indeed thinking about Trixie and Isabel, and he could see them lying together underneath a nearby tree.  They looked at him with interest, but didn't approach him.  He was surprised to see that they then got up and sauntered away together .

"So what were the other possibilities you were talking about, Pearl?" asked Alex. 

"Alex, the possibilities here are unlimited, but let's get you settled in to begin with.  Do you want a home base?  You can stay on your own if you like, or you can live with people or other cats.  Most cats who are used to living with people like to continue that arrangement here, with the understanding that you will be able to come and go at will.  I chose that option myself when I got here, and I'm very happy with the arrangement, but it's your choice."

"But how would I find a person?  I don't want to go to a shelter again, that's an experience I never want to have again, and what if I don't like the person?" asked Alex.

"Oh, Alex, things are very different here.  The person you live with will be a really good match, based on the mutual desires of you and the person or people, and helpers are always available to match us up with just the right situation if you ask for help.  Take as much time as you like to consider your choice, and bear in mind that you can always change your mind at any time."

Alex stretched out in the garden to think about what he wanted.


No comments:

Post a Comment